Saturday, January 28, 2012

Running Pendant


The running pendant I am presently working on is particularly special to me. I am please to be making it for a client of the Many Hands Gallery in Capitola. This lady has purchased others, and gives them as gifts to her running friends. I hear she inscribes their times on the pendants.

I enjoy this a great deal, as I first made this pendant for some friends who convinced me I could run the Wharf to Wharf in Santa Cruz, and then encouraged me to run the Big Sur Half Marathon in 2009. Having never participated in any sport other then hiking, this for me was a marvelous accomplishment. I gave the pendants to my friends at dinner the night before, in thanks for the encouragement, fun and sweat we had shared during the training. I have always felt this is a pendant that is earned. We have run a few more half marathons since, and I love what running has brought to my life, serenity, courage, confidence, new friends, and frequently, new jewelry design ideas!



No comments:

Post a Comment