Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shinny New Blog


It’s a beautiful day here on the hill, January, a time when we should be hunkered down in the worst of out rainy season. Instead, the sun is shining, the temperature is warm and all is still. An inspiring day to begin a new project, for a new year.
In response to requests for information on what handmade jewelry I am designing and making these days, I resolved this year to create a blog. I hope to showcase here new jewelry items, and how my pieces are inspired, designed and made. Three words, the process sounds so organized and simple. Oh that it were so! I have realized the sometime the simplest pieces can be heartbreakingly annoying, and what I anticipate to be a difficult day, to be the most satisfying. But as they say, even a bad day in the studio, is better then the best day in the office! And I do really enjoy my time in the workroom.

My Studio Space   
    
Designed by the previous homeowners as a passive solar room to heat the house in winter, it’s a long glass walled structured which runs along the south and west corner of our home. Freezing on a winter morning, and stiflingly hot on a summer’s day, I nevertheless love this space. And it’s mine, all mine.  No one else bothers with it, and I can create to my hearts content out here without having to clean up any of my tools. My bench runs along the window, so I have great light, and a lovely view of the trees and garden. It is also pleasantly quiet; I can hear just the birds and animals. (Except when my lads are home from school and playing in the house, then I can hear when I need to quickly reenter to avert the next crisis!)

No comments:

Post a Comment